tenant information

Applying for a property

So you have found a property that suits all your needs? If so, then it time to complete a Tenancy Application Form with our office. You will need to provide copies of various documents to verify your identity, your rental history and your income, a list of the required documents is available from our office on the Tenancy Application Form. Please send through an email to admin@countrysidepropertygroup.com.au for a copy of the application form or pop into our office to pick up a hard copy to fill out.


Paying your rent

It is your responsibility are part of your Residential Tenancy Agreement that you are to pay your rent, to the landlord in advance. Please make sure that your rental payments are received by our office on or before the due date. Any late payments, even by one day, do reflect on your Tenancy Ledger. Please pay your rent via the method listed on your tenancy agreement, if you need to pay via a different option please contact our office. Please make sure that you notify our office of any problems that may arise with your ren payments straight away. If you do fall into arrears, we will be obligated to follow the procedures outlined in the Residential Tenancies Act & your arrears policy to collect the rent on behalf of the landlord.


Repairs, Maintenance & Emergency Repairs

It is essential that when you notice a maintenance issue, you inform our office in writing as soon as possible. This can be done by emailing our office at admin@countrysidepropertygroup.com.au. Please be aware that any maintenance that requires a tradesperson, will need permission from the landlord first.

Once the landlord’s permission has been given, a work order will be sent directly to the tradesperson, who will then contact you directly and arrange a convenient time to complete the maintenance. Please be aware that works carried out on the property by any person not approved under a work order sent from our office may result in your liability to pay the invoice.

In your ‘Welcome to your new home’ booklet, you will find details for any emergency contacts for emergency repairs. However, please try to contact our office firstly on the numbers provided.


Please note that the legislation is very specific about what is an emergency repair, if the repair is deemed not an emergency, than you may be responsible for the payment of the emergency call out fee. Dependent on the repair, this time frame is in the vicinity of approximately 24 – 48 hours.

Emergency items requiring repair are generally those that could cause injury to the Tenant or damage to the property, and may include:

  • Water pipes have broken or burst  

  • Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)

  • Serious roof leak or gas leak

  • Dangerous electrical fault

  • Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage

  • Serious storm, fire or impact damage

  • Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises

  • Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for water or cooking

  • Hot water service failure

  • Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure

  • Fault likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience



Sometime things or situations happen beyond anyone’s control, such as storm damage, water damage, fire or theft, and the tenants possession can become damaged or lost due to this. As a landlord, they are only able to insure items that belong to them, ie: the house, walls, carpet, blinds, doors etc, they are unable to insure a tenants possessions. For this reason, you as a tenant are responsible to insure your possession with contents insurance, prior to moving into the property.



Your rental bond (residential) amount is equivalent to 4 x weeks rent and is payable before the Tenancy Agreement starts. Your rental bond will be lodged with the Rental Bond Board. The bond is held as security against any property damage or cleaning required, or in the event there is money owing at the end of tenancy. Once it is established that all conditions of the tenancy have been met, the bond will be refunded promptly.



Inspections – Ingoing Condition Report and Routine Inspections

An Ingoing Condition Report is used to determine the condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy. It also ensures that you are not held responsible for damage at the expiry of your tenancy which may have been there prior to your occupation. Upon signing your lease you will be given an electronic copy and a hard copy that you will be required to full out your comments and return with 7days of your lease commencing. The document will be filed with your Tenancy Agreement and used as evidence of the property condition at the commencement of the tenancy.

Routine Inspections will be made at regular intervals. The primary role of these inspections is to advise the owner of the condition and care of their property and what, if any, maintenance is required. This is an opportunity for you to point out any maintenance required at the property. Photos may be taken by the Property Manager during the inspection.


Giving notice to end the Tenancy & leave the Property

If you have decided to leave the property you are currently renting, please contact our office via email at admin@countrysidepropertygroup.com.au, advising in writing your notice of intent to vacate the property. From there we will be able to help and instruct you on the correct procedure and notice period required, as well as what is required at the time of vacating.

Please be aware that should the keys have not been returned to our office at the end of your vacate date, a possession rate will be charge until vacant possession when the keys are returned.

Once our office has vacant possession, a final inspection will be completed, you can choose to attend this inspection, in  case there is anything you are able to rectify on the spot. The bond will only be returned once the property has been returned to the original condition as per the ingoing condition report, and any rent or invoices have been paid.